Aside from the many retired expats who reside in Thailand, there is a growing number of professionals who work remotely and choose to live in the amazing city of Bangkok. In this article, we will examine some of the reasons why Bangkok is such a popular destination for remote workers.
- Affordable Cost of Living – While Bangkok is a modern metropolis, the cost of living is low when compared to Europe or America, and if you buy a condo unit at The Estelle at Phromphong (called ดิ เอสเทลล์ พร้อมพงษ์ in Thai) in Bangkok, you can enjoy all the luxury that comes with a premium condo development. The condo market in Bangkok is quite lively, and foreigners are allowed to purchase condominiums, providing the development is at least 51% Thai owned.
- High Speed Internet – Compared to some developed countries, Thailand offers cheap and very fast Internet, with most of the workstations and coffee shops offering free Wi-Fi for their customers. Work must come first, and with several national telecommunication providers like True, DTAC and BBB, all offering fast packages, you can hotspot your laptop to your smartphone, which enables you to work anywhere.
- Great Company – As there are so many expats living in Bangkok, it is hardly surprising that they have some great social groups, where you can make a lot of new friends and network your business. Become a member of the expat in Bangkok social media groups and you will quickly learn where the trendy places are.
- Agreeable Climate – The great thing about living in Bangkok is they have no real winter, rather a couple of months when temperatures drop to 17 or 18C, plus you are only a few hours from the beach, with resort towns like Pattaya and Hua Hin quite nearby. If you live in a city condo, you can leave for a couple of weeks and visit the north or one of the beach destinations, which really gives you a few options.
- Amazing Nightlife – As you would expect, Bangkok is a paradise for the clubber, with many types of music catered for, and you are bound to meet other expats who are also living the high life in Bangkok. There are Go-Go bars areas in Sukhumvit Soi 4 and Soi 23, plus there are classy members clubs in Thong-Lor and surrounding areas.
If you have spent a few holidays in Bangkok and think you are ready to relocate, check out the online condominium platforms, where you can rent or buy a suitable unit.